Friday 19 April 2013

Dear John

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-
Martin Luther King, Jr.



Hi.. How is everyone doing today?? Okay before I say anything let me quickly answer the 'where the hell have you been?' question that is filling up my inbox. I have been away, reason being that I'd been perceiving symptoms of the dreaded 'writers block' so I decided to take a moment off to get back my precious, beloved brain... So what have I missed?? Any gist? I have a rather interesting one...
So I was just listening to the radio and I heard this captivating story which I decided to share with you guys..

You've had one of those days at work where you just wished you called in sick earlier when you had the chance. 4pm, work is over and you tiredly pick up your car key and drive home for well deserved peace and tranquility. You get home, open your sitting-room door only to find a letter on your center table, you're quite confused at that instant, your hands are trembling, you're fearing the worst as you gradually pick up and open the folded letter, lo and behold, to your dismay, it's indeed the worst. It's one of those 'Dear John' Letters. Apparently your significant other has found comfort in the arms of another. You're Broken. You call your friend, desperately searching for a source of solace, he encourages you to come over to his place, 'you shouldn't be alone in the state you're in' he said. You agree, pick up your key and take off your suit, off into your car with your teary eyes going to your friend's place. You've been driving for about 4 minutes when you encounter this ghastly car accident, it's horrific. 'Oh dear', you thought. 'What could have happened?' You step out of your car in an attempt to channel your negative energy into something positive. You're flabbergasted to see your significant other, bloody, barely conscious. Apparently, while absconding for her little rendezvous with her newly found heartthrob, she was unfortunate to be at the receiving end of a trailer's brake malfunction. 'She needs help', you hear the doctor say, 'She needs 3 pints of blood ASAP, Her life depends on it'. Now, you know your blood is compatible with hers, you know you have the same blood group, and you can donate. And then the doctor comes to you 'young man, do you know this lady? Her partner is dead, she's barely alive, she needs 3 pints of blood within the next 12 hours or she will die'. The big question is What will you say to the doctor? Will you say to him... 'Hey, she's my girlfriend/wife our blood groups match, I'll donate the 3 pints of blood you've asked for, I can't let her die', or would you simply say 'No, I've never seen her, it's unfortunate I can't help' and then just walk away, thinking within you 'lol, Karma's a b@#tch'. What will you do??
Quite difficult right? Especially considering she said in her Dear John Letter that she doesn't ever want to see you again, and that she's better off without you. It's really difficult. Really, really difficult, let me know what you think.
Till next time,, Keep dreaming!!


*original story credit-www.gracefm.net *

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Epic!!!!

Anonymous said...

she better consider herself dead.

Anonymous said...

I.ll surely help her. Such is life.

Anonymous said...

i dont really know that i'll do..

Unknown said...

Yea. Thanks.

Unknown said...

lol. Forgiveness is divine.

Unknown said...

thumbs up to u.

Unknown said...

rather difficult, isn't it?