Wednesday 3 April 2013

Million Dollar Baby

Earlier today I watched again, in awe as always one of the greatest movies I'd ever seen, and will probably ever see - million dollar baby. I'm a big boy, obviously, movies do not make me cry, it did one thing, as it always does all the one hundred and seventeen times that I've watched it. It made me think, I was doing a bit of research earlier, as I have a 'thing' for screen writing, somebody wrote "you've failed as a screen writer if at the end of your movie your audience don't get to imagine what could happen next". I digress. This piece is not about screen writing, no matter how much I want it to be. Back to million dollar baby, which is not really where I'm going but is a reasonable premise. Maggie's resolve, she was desperate to make something off of her seemingly worthless life as it were. Amazingly, she did. I know it's a movie and it's not real and all the crap your mind may be saying about what you're reading at the moment, which I'm not sure I really care about, it's not just a movie to me. ***Make your point already, we're getting bored here*** I know, I know, but relax, I'm talking about a legendary movie here. It's a movie every human being should watch, it doesn't matter how old you are, or how many kids you have. Okay enough said about the greatest movie ever made, a movie no other movie can be as great as, thus the word greatest - I just thought I'd break that down, but never mind. The most important thing to me is what we can learn from Maggie's life, even though she died at the end of the movie - saddest movie scene I'd seen in my life. We can learn that no matter how meaningless our life may seem to be at the moment, there's almost always a silver lining, there's something you know in your guts that you're good at, and that thing is what you should do, never let anybody tell you 'you can't', 'you're too old', 'you're not strong enough', 'you're not good enough' cos if you dare to imagine it, you sure can do it. Yes now back to the awesomeness of million dollar baby, I mean, movies just don't get better than it. If you've read this, make sure you go and get your own copy of that movie, I'm serious every human being living on Earth deserves to know the story of Maggie Fitzgerald. Warning... Side effects may include crying at the end, and ruining your mascara. I therefore advice you watch it at night, when you've taken off all your make up!! Till next time,, keep dreaming!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've only watched it once, it's truly awesom.

Anonymous said...

lol!! 117times?? Dont u get tired?

Unknown said...

Yeah, 117 times and counting. And You don't get tired of 'only' the best movie ever made.